1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by POM Ticks, Feb 13, 2014.

1. POM Ticks

POM Ticks Junior Member
    from Maine

Just got my new XV2 installed yesterday. Will see how much better it may be than the XV with today's storm. It looks like a monster from the front view. Will report back after the storm with my thoughts.

image.jpg

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Plow and truck look great, enjoy the new plow!

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Looking good!

4. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good all shiny and new, congrats!

5. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

Good looking combo there!!!

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Looks good!

7. Drewster2012

Drewster2012 Senior Member
    from Ma

I wanna see some more picture of the truck!

8. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

Sweet Looking plow!! Wish I could afford afford a new set up like that:cry:

9. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome setup, you will love the xv2 it is a beast

10. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

That is a sweet looking setup...truck & plow are styling!

Just curious on that plow what did you pay for it? I am considering another Snoway for my business. The 29R series plow but may consider switching to Fisher or Boss for my 2500HD that I just bought.

Any thoughts and input on V-Plows versus the moveable wings like Snoway 29R and the Blizzards that not only fold in but also retract?

11. POM Ticks

POM Ticks Junior Member
    from Maine

We'll ran the last storm and was great for 3 hours then the lift ram wouldn't lift the blade, brand new plow. Middle of the storm after business hours :realmad: as you can all imagine. I short chained it and went home. Played with it, took the S3 valve out to see if there was gunk in it, put it back in and by some miracle it worked. Went back to my Fisher dealer, excellent service. Brought it in replaced S2 and S3 valves, went through the plow. We will see tonight if it makes the storm, it should. Really like how the blade scrapes and how it throws the snow over the banks when plowing streets. Just put a snow foil on today.

Plow was $5325, plow side only, plow, tax, and labor to put plow together. Think it was a pretty fair price.

Snow4Me.......I don't have any experience with snoway or blizzards so I cannot give you any real time feedback on those plows. I have only run Fisher, not that I feel they may be the best but all my trucks are set up with fisher and only want to have one brand for parts and ease of swapping plows if repairs are needed.

12. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

I hear ya...I have 5 trucks now and 4 have Snoway plows on them so it's hard to be swayed to change to another brand. It's a lot easier to keep aprt on hand for one brand instead of two.