1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Glenn Lawn Care, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I bought a used western 7.5' unimount with wings about 6 weeks ago and finally got around to putting it on my truck. I paid $2000 for it. The mount was new, the wiring was new and the controller was new so I think I got a good deal on it.

584.jpg

585.jpg

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Looks good man. Might need a new cutting edge at some point, those corners are pretty rounded off. Now you just need some snow.

3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Geesh, man..

How did you get that dog not to move while you took those two pictures ?

Simply amazing ! Thumbs Up

4. Glenn Lawn Care

Haha well trained.

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice plow u will love those wings

6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Looks good ! Time to paint the plow tho before that rust gets out of control

7. Glenn Lawn Care

I plan on painting it but I don't know if it will get done this year.

8. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

You should at least hit the rust spots with a wire brush and throw some spray paint on it to get you through the winter,

9. Glenn Lawn Care

Not a bad idea, thanks!

10. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

The old Uni's are great plows. Hard to get on and off but if it's a detected plow truck, no worries.

Like said, I would at least hit the rust areas with some paint to help a little. Slowing it down before it's gone. Also a painted gloss surface will help from snow sticking to it.

Good luck this season!

11. Glenn Lawn Care

I took a wire brush to it this afternoon and spray painted it. It doesn't look pretty but it will do for now.