1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by devinraptor, Dec 16, 2011.

1. devinraptor

devinraptor Junior Member

I just purchased a new 8 foot Meyer express plow. I paid 4200 for the plow and installation . Sound like a good price? Are there any particular part (s) that frequently go bad on these plows and I should keep on the truck. In the past I have run hiniker so I am new to Meyers.
  2. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

Not a bad price, I just priced out a new 8' Lot Pro for $5000 installed. I was say keep some hydro fluid and maybe a spring, but with it being a new plow I don't really see too many issues coming your way.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The reason you likely got the good deal is because the Xpress mounting series has been discontinued. At one time they were nearly $6000. Dealers have been trying to clean out any Xpress inventory for a while since they stopped covering new model truck applications.
  4. jkski

jkski Member

I had one and loved it, the only downside I ever ran into was that "IF" the dismount valve ever failed you had no good way of getting the plow off the vehicle except to disconnect a line and allow the mount/dismount cylinder to drop, but you have no pressure behind it to raise the plow off the truck so have a jack ready. My advise is to make sure you do the maintenance or better yet, since it is new and likely under the 3/5 year warranty, let an authorized dealer change the fluid each year so that you don't risk voiding any warranty and if a valve should hang-up for any reason, it should be covered.
    I ran this plow (Agressor model) for 3 seasons and it did everything I asked and never let me down in a storm.
    You will like the mount/dismount feature as there is no more work for you, just plug it in and hit the switch!
    Good luck.