1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mule585, Sep 29, 2011.

1. mule585

mule585 Member

So its time for a new or new to me plow for my 98 k2500hd. What western plow would you put on this truck. Is the wide-out to big? Should I get a v or stick with a straight with wings? I wanna hear everyone's opinion on this if this was your truck what would you do to it to make it your ultimate plow truck front to back on a $10,000 budget.

2. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

I like my 7 1/2' straight blade with wings on my 2500. I feel the wings are a must have, as they are a big time saver.

3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Depends on what type of plowing you will be doing.

If your doing driveway's, I'd put a 8'6 V plow on it and a pull plow on the rear. If you want to do commercial I think Western has a set of wings for the V plows. I know Boss does for there plows.

I had an 98 K2500 with 8'2 Boss V and I didn't want a plow any smaller than that on my truck.

I don't think Western recomend's the Wideout for your truck.

4. mule585

mule585 Member

i do a mix of driveways and large parking lots. im looking into a ebling 12' rear blade because they are a must and ive wanted one for the last 3yrs. basically here's my options with the plow. 1. i can keep my 8-6 pro plus and put wings on it. 2. trade the pro plus for a wide-out. 3. trade pro plus for a 8-6 MVP plus with wings. the weight difference between the 3 plows with wings is about 50lbs.

5. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

I just noticed, you're in Buffalo. You need to be able to move some snow there!

I live 2 1/2 hours East of you, which cuts our snowfall in 1/2.