1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by exmark, Aug 26, 2011.

1. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Anyone see hiniker's new plow this year the VF plow? Looks pretty cool but reminds me of the boss plow with the higher mold boards.

2. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

The new plow also comes with a new mount I believe. Same fork design but beefier and stronger. Can anyone else chime in?

3. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I bought an 8.5' V in February this year. It has the new forks. They are a little thicker and the notches that lock the plow on are radiused instead of square cut. Mine came with the new ones, not sure when they switched to the new style.

kevlars

4. FEZHUNT

FEZHUNT Junior Member
    from IOWA

I haven't seen one yet but my dealer told me that all of the new Poly plows from Hiniker will have a new mount. Thicker forks and no notch at all. The new ones will not interchange with the old mounts. They hook onto the back of the mount in some way. I think they changed the wiring hook ups on the new V's also. I think all of the new steel plows will keep the old mount and still interchange.

5. kandrts

kandrts Junior Member

Very true, all the steel mounts are the same and the polys have the new mounts they are called quick hitch 1 and quick hitch 2. I haven't gotten my shipment in from Hiniker yet im sure it will be this month sometime. The plugs will be a tad different with the quick hitch as well. They are trying to get it to where only the bigger plows will fit on the bigger trucks. Right now i have a quick hitch 1 scoop on my 04 chevy 1/2 ton demo, they are seeing too many people sticking too big of plows on the trucks.

6. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

my dealer does not have the pricing for the new V's yet..They have last yrs 8.5 listed for $4995 not inc instalation thou.

I just traded my PU for a new 1 ton dump, so my 8' straight blade wont cut it on the new truck. This new V is deff a on the top of the list...

7. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Just got the prices from my dealer for the new V's with the quick hitch 2

8.5 $4995
    9.5 $5295

add $300 for the flared blade

These prices are cash and carry w/o tax.

8. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

I ordered a new 9' 6" VF - should be mounted by the end of the month.

9. kandrts

kandrts Junior Member

I got my hiniker order in but they must be running behind on making the 9 1/2 flared V's because i got my 8 1/2 VF's but not my 9 1/2's. So think they are going to be real popular.

10. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

I like em...but the upfitter that is putting the dump body on just gave me a price of $5800installed for a 8.5 SS fisher. Still like the poly, and fisher doesnt have a poly V

11. exmark

exmark Senior Member

I want to see some pics guys. I was in at my dealer and they didn't have one in yet. I figured they would by now getting so close to snow season.

12. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

Do I have to change the wiring harness too if I want to go with VF plow? I was told by dealer that I have to change everything if I want to go with either 8.5 or 9.5 VF plow. Does anybody have picture of quick hitch 2 mount which I want to see what it looks like? I currently have a quick hitch 1 with 6 function wiring harness on my truck.

13. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

That's way cheaper than my dealer in Fargo, ND area. They want $6k carry out or $6500 for installed for 8.5 VF plow.

14. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

How much did you pay it for? Who is your dealer? I'm from Minnesota area. I'm still looking for best deal on new 9.5 VF plow in MN area. Any help is greatly appreciated.

15. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

My dealer has a early buy deal...Those prices go up $400 when there early order is sold, or on Nov 1st. They just got some 8.5 VF in, but the 9.5's wont be in for a week or 2.

They are the Distributer for the Northeast, and have a mountain of plows there.

16. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Ive seen um, but didnt take a pic...

There is no "notch" in the forks anymore. And they appeared to be a little thicker. Ill be going to my dealer later in the week, I'll try to remember to snap a pic..

17. kandrts

kandrts Junior Member

Here are a couple pictures i took, one of the undercarriage, old and new undercarriage, and also the plug all of the ploy plows will now just have the same plug just different amount of pins. Because the V's and C's used to have two control plugs to be plugged in on the front of the truck but now will just have one. Hiniker V quick hitch 2 001.jpg

Hiniker V quick hitch 2 002.jpg

Hiniker V quick hitch 2 003.jpg

Hiniker V quick hitch 2 004.jpg

Hiniker V quick hitch 2 001.jpg

Hiniker V quick hitch 2 002.jpg

Hiniker V quick hitch 2 003.jpg

Hiniker V quick hitch 2 004.jpg

18. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Installed, with snow deflector, and curb guards was $6700 I think.

19. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

Toppers Plus, Mankato MN. $6175 8.5 V (flat top) installed, +$300 for flared.
    Don't know for shure but I would bet the 9.5 is only a few hundred more.

20. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

Thanks guys for the pictures and prices. Quick hitch 2 looks a lot better and much stronger. The worst part is that anyone include myself with quick hitch 1 with 6 function wiring harness will have to change all over again for quick hitch 2 and wiring harness to go with new style plow.