1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by igor176, Sep 21, 2003.

1. igor176

igor176 Junior Member

I own a 2000 f-350 psd crew cab that I plow with and have always owned meyer plows but now I'm looking for something new and I've narrowed it down to either the new snoway predator 29 8' stainless steel or the blizzard 810, dealers aren't a problem their both reputable and approximately the same distance away. Has anyone been using the 29 and how is it,the warranty is very good. Any info would be much appreciated thanks

Eric.

2. Greenscape4u.co

Greenscape4u.co Senior Member

nort sure about the Blizzard but I own a Snoway and allI can say is noway to snoway ! :nono: I have had problems with fluid bypassing in the pump resulting in the blade constantly lowering on its own , expensive to fix too. I also am looking at new plows this year , Boss poly - V seems like a top choice.

Aurie

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite, Igor!:drinkup:

One of our members, Alan, uses Snoway with great success, you may want to contact him, or try a search on Snoway.

I use the Blizzard 810 and am real happy with it, again, try a search on Blizzard, there's lots of material here.

4. igor176

igor176 Junior Member

I've done a search for the blizzard and I can't seem to find anything bad about them I guess i'm interested in learning more about the snoway predator 29 it looks like its built very well and withthe stainless steel moldboard at $3400 installed it seemed like a great deal, but that blizzard is SWEET!

Eric.

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

The Snoway's are great plows.I have 4 of them,and they have been plowed hard for 5 years.We had some minor structural problems (bad welds),and some weak metal,but that has all been fixed,and the new models have been improved.

6. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

We've got two 8' straight and two 9'1"vee Sno-Ways. Had some problems with weld quality on the straight blades and chased a valve problem on the older vee for awhile. Our dealer is superb on his service and that made all the difference.

I have only looked briefly at the the new 29 series and debated going with one of those instead of the last vee plow. If you have a good dealer you won't go wrong with Sno-Way.