1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fdsr, Sep 18, 2003.

1. fdsr

fdsr Junior Member

Just ordered my new plow for my Chevy 2500 HD. 8' Boss Straight Blade, hand held control. Thanks for all the input I got from everyone. should be ready within a few weeks. I also secured my insurance from Farm Family Insurance here in NJ. Great rates. Must meet some requirements with them. One question I have if anyone has a new model Chevy (2003, etc), did you take off the lower plastic fascia on the front of the truck, or does it stay in place with the plow?
    I wish the rain from this storm here would be some nice white stuff. I can not wait.
  2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Good luck with your new plow;) Keep use posted on how it works out:)
  3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I am not sure about how they install the Boss plow mount. All I know is that if you were to get a Fisher plow on a Chevy truck like your, they will need to cut out a very small sections of plastic on air dam, just below the tow hooks which is attached to the frames. With a Western plow, as I am told, they do not need to do anything with air dam at all. But the Western plows do hang signifcantly lower. I believe that Boss plows are lower than Fisher too. So my guess is that there would be no modification on your truck air dam for Boss plow, but I could be wrong. It would not hurt to give your Boss dealer a call and see how it will be done.
  4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Yup........a Boss like a Western they will have to hack
    up the air dam. I just took mine off . So when I trade
    next year the stealer won't know the difference !