1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plow truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BushHogBoy, Dec 28, 2005.

1. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Sunday the transmission went in the club cab (merry christmas bah humbug) so Monday I treated myself to another truck LOL... this one i kinda grew up in, my uncle used to own it until last October he sold it, that guy blew the rear axle apart (Dana 60 w/4.10's) actually he was goin down the highway and the nut came off. so i got it dirt cheap, that guy took a big loss on it but its a really strong truck going to fix the axle tomorrow then switch my plow and lights and spreader over to it. Its shorter than the club cab and has 4.10 gears instead of 3.55's (with 37's) so it will be alot easier on the transmission too. This truck maybe ugly and rusted to peices but its one stout tough truck and i've always loved it and wanted it.
    1979 Dodge W200 3/4 ton 4x4, 360 with 4 barrel Edelbrock Performer 650 CFM carb, 727 a/t, NP203 full time transfer case, Dana 60 rear and 44 front axles with 4.10 gears, 33x12.50 Courser OTD's with good tread, receiver hitch, sliding rear window and its fair share of body rot (frame is solid though) has stacked springs in front for 2" leveling (can't tell cuz i have it cranked down to the trailer real tight and the front tires were low).
    thanks for looking.

IMG00005.JPG

2. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

IMG00006.JPG

3. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

IMG00001.JPG

4. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

////////////////////////

IMG00004.JPG

5. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

nice. I love how you get these older trucks and fix them up and make them like brand new. I'm going to be doing that pretty soon.

6. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

So I guess the Club Cab i will fix this summer then use it as a backup... actually probably a "jack up" = lift it more and big block it or something. i really wanna put a Cummins in it but availability and the budget usually do not comply on such issues :rolleyes:

Uncommon factory tach in this truck. Also has rare "ROUNDUP" trim package.

IMG00007.JPG

7. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Brand new? who said anything about that lol.... i wish! but thanks though!

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You aren't going to put the 37's on this truck are you? I would leave it as is and plow. I would however, find a set of fenders and maybe a bed or flatbed for it, that would really be all it needed cosmetically. Looks like a good truck, those old mopars were pretty stong runners.

9. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

BushHogBoy what i ment was you make them into a good plow truck as if they were brand new.

10. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

No, i'm using these tires. The other truck I had 37's on it in the summer, and i was trying to find some 33's or so for it but could not find any used ones i liked. the 37's plowed great it had enough power to spin them but with that and 3.55 gears it had to be alot harder on the tranny. The 37's were great though, never got stuck stacking very high, didn't get stuck off the edge of a lot or if someone ran you into a ditch on a county road. pretty decent pushin traction too.

Yea, i've thought of putting a flatbed on this one. Right now i'm just going to get the plow on it and push as is. This summer I will fix the club cab and get it going so i have a backup, then work on making this truck like i want it. hey on the bright side i don't have to worry about salt destroying this one! haha...

Mike,
    Thanks... personally i think they will outpush a new truck, are tougher, way cheaper, easy to get parts for (and nice to have parts trucks out back at 2 am too) and best of all, easy to work on!!!!!!