1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fordzilla, Aug 25, 2011.

1. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

so Im selling my B2..

[​IMG]

then im buying this..

[​IMG]

1996 f150, 300 engine, 5 speed, fisher plow, inspected and ready to go, plenty of new parts, low milage.

what do you guys think of the fisher blades?
    I plan to paint the plow red, and the truck a navy color, and give her 2 or 3" of lift to give her more of a 1 ton stance.

also seen this truck on the net and really liked the look of her, anybody know if it belongs to a member on here?

[​IMG]

2. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

I believe it does, i think it also has a newer 7.3l swap too.

3. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

found the owner, it belongs to weareweird69. i found a bunch more pics of her and saved them, she deffinetly a huge inspiration for mine. been talking to him through PMs and hes a real cool guy, his truck is exactly the look im going for!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  4. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

Yup, thats my truck lol

I have a 7.3 in my other truck, that one there only has a 351.

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Don't even post pictures of your 7.3. It'll make everyone who ever has wanted one of those trucks jealous and depressed that they won't find one that clean and well setup.

6. weareweird69

Im not stealing the mans glory in this thread lol

7. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

Lol go ahead!

8. weareweird69

No, Mark will yell at me LOL

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

search and read up on 1ton coil swaps for the f150 stuff. bolt in mod and lifts the front and min sag when plow up. then as most fords are weak in the rear springs go get some beefy spring packs and mabye a lift block to leval it out.

the fisher speedcaster plow setup on that f150 is a TANK of a setup. and in my opinion it would be Sacrilege to paint that plow red. just give it a fresh coat or 2 of rustoleum safty yellow / sunburst yellow. cheep and just a tad brighter than fisher yellow.

10. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

yeah i read some on google about the 1 ton 2wd coil swaps, and thats good news about the fisher plow, thanks. and im not dead set on colors yet. lol

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I like the old Fisher Speed Cast plows. They are a very rugged plow. You should like it.

12. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

13. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

You guys think stock 79 Bronco coil springs would stiffen her up any to help her handle the plow any better? I got a set kickin around, figured it might be worth the try

14. weareweird69

Proably not.

15. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

prob same spring rate as the f150 coils in there now.

need big gvw and heavy motor option to get the spring rate up there.

16. fordzilla

fordzilla Member

Yeah, 2wd f250 diesel coils are deffinetly what i need