1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plow Truck 2500HD 6.6

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by timebomb9900, Jan 29, 2011.

1. timebomb9900

timebomb9900 Junior Member

I have used my dodge 1500 with 7.6 standard duty and it worked great.... but now this is a way different story.... wow!!!

2. Doug Price

Doug Price Member
    from Ohio

Nice truck! How do you like the V-XT?
  3. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Nice looking truck
  4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

very nice, the second pic looks sweet.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

nice truck...how does it do pushing snow?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Big difference between the dodge 1500 and the chevy 2500. And not to mention a 7'6'' to a 9'2'' VXT.
  7. timebomb9900

thanks guys..... Vxt is awesome, got installed night before our big storm few days ago.... this thing is brutal pushing snow.... at first a little werid using the wings and after couple hours you fingers already know what to do... and the truck is insane pushing the snow... we got 13-15" on thursday the 27, crazy the amount of snow that 9.2 will push.... saved big amount of time with the handful of plazas i do... absolutely no regret on spending the money....
  8. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

That truck is beautiful.
    First class snowplowing.

If it had a Western, I would be 100% jealous:nod:
  9. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Nice setup. is that the rocky ridge package(lift, tires, wheels?) That is what i want to replace my current (04 chevy 2500hd) They are worth the money. Do you plan on doing any towing with it?
  10. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Looks Great, thats a h@ll of an upgrade. What year is the truck?
  11. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

that truck looks good. bet you noticed a way diiference in power. the d-max is the way to go.
  12. timebomb9900

thanks again guys... its kind of rewarding when people give you compliments on your equip...I will do some towing with this truck, i have 26' CC boat, and 16' enclosed trailer for few bikes.... I get home and my old lady says "is that a new truck"?, and that was that..... you know you always want your buddies or whoever to be excited for you.... so thats why i say rewarding....
  13. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Love the XD wheels... Actually, love the whole set up!! Cant go wrong with a NBS chevy wit ha Boss V-XT!!
  14. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Sweet truck. Upgrade for sure
  15. gravelyguy

gravelyguy Member
    from Indiana

Looks slick!
  16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I love the wheels. I guess you have the hand held controller. I have the same plow but with the joystick. pretty easy to use.
  17. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Very good looking truck, congratulation.
  18. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

very nice set-up, definitely a stepup from a 1500, and 7 ft blade.
    shine it all up take a picture and post it!
  19. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

I'm a Dodge guy but that's a nice set up. Those wheels and tires really set that truck off too.
  20. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Great truck and plow good luck