1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow today

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSno, Aug 6, 2003.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

My 94 350 had a 9 foot Diamond plow on it and nobody including myself liked this plow. It just didn't scrape good and I wasn't satisfied with its performance so today we got silly. My friend Jack from Larese Enterprizes came to my shop today and we installed a new Blizzard 810 that he sold me. here are some pics.

Here is the old rig

plow5.jpg

2. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Here is whats left of the cracked and busted under carriage

plow1.jpg

3. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Here is Jack prepping some parts

plow2.jpg

4. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Undercarriage is on now its time for electrical

plow3.jpg

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck with the new set-up,any suprises encountered in the installation yet?

6. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

I think the Blizzard set up is much cleaner

one more time.jpg

7. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Nothing like 10 feet of blade.

plow7.jpg

8. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

No we havent had any problems or surprizes but keep in mind Jack is a blizzard dealer so I've put a lot of these on with him. Took us about 4 hrs. Now we need snow!!! Oh well time for a cold one and some rest.:drinkup:

9. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Blizzard

Nice plow .I am sure you will be much more productive . Higher productivity makes it easier on you and also make you more $$$$

10. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hey Bill looks really good. I had a feeling you'd slap one of them on your 350 before long. What a sweet looking pair of trucks.

Jay

11. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

ProSno - that's a really nice plow you have! :cool: The picture of that plow fully extended looks HUGE!! I know that this will be a very good and productive machine for you, especially with the wing extended out in scoop mode.

I know that Jerre would love to see those pics! :D

If there was a Blizzard dealer nearby here, I would have take a serious look at them. If so, it would be really hard for me to switch since I am a Fisher guy. Fisher is the domaint here. ;)

12. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Stephen, I've been thinking the same thing. Looks like an 8611 would be a pretty good setup for the one ton.

13. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Hold onto your hats cause even this die hard Fisher guy has given serious thought to an 810:eek:
    I just got a demo CD from Blizzard and was VERY impressed to see that thing in action.It's clear these things are no joke as i'm sure members here will attest to.

14. jpl

jpl Member
    from ct.

Billy, Hope you have good luck with it. I know I love mine. Now you have TWO!!!!! Your going to make some serious profit this year, with the time saving alone.

15. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

LOL - I know for sure that Jerre will be rubbing his eyes and double checking to make sure what he is reading is true and not his imagination. LOL :D

16. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Want to sell the Diamond?

17. wyldman

wyldman Member

Looks sweet.I gotta get me one of those soon. :p

18. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

I love my Blizzards, wouldn't go back to anything else!

Good luck with yours!

GET WIDE!

19. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Bill, good choise .Nothing like a Blizzard!

20. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Bill just let me know when I can come and pick up that headgear ill take a drive down to the shop tomorrow if possible.

Jay