1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plow suggestions and Michigan dealer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cwthom98, Jun 1, 2014.

1. cwthom98

cwthom98 Junior Member

Michigan
    Just got the go ahead to get a new plow for my 2011 sd ford f250. I had a western before and was very happy. So I'm looking for dealer suggestions and cost is always a factor but also want service too. Any thoughts and suggestions
    Thanks
    Cw

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Dealer support is more important than anything if you're plowing commercially. If you're just doing your own driveway, and possibly a couple of friends, price may play a more important role. And I'm not a brand loyal guy, I think all of the manufacturers make good products now-a-days.

3. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Hands down the best dealer I have dealt with in Metro Detroit is Joint Clutch and Gear in Romulus.....They are a Fisher Dealer...These guys are straight shooters and Very Responsive to the customer needs....Weather your buying one plow or ten they treat everyone the same....:nod:

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

And whether or not the weather is rain or shine! :D

5. animalkall

animalkall Junior Member

im gonna be buying a 2014 dodge 2500 outdoorsman package. i own a blizzard 7600lt.... is there a mount for this truck or do i have to buy a whole new plow?

6. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Im sure you can get the truckside for that truck.....Contact your Blizzard dealer im sure he can help you out....

7. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I think you're nuts to put a light duty plow on that truck. I'd sell that for what I could get and invest in a legitimate plow for your truck. A 7'-6" plow is way too small for a full sized truck. Your rear wheels will be in the snow every time you turn.