1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow shop

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 7441aaron, Sep 28, 2011.

1. 7441aaron

7441aaron Junior Member

I am thinking of starting a plow repair shop in my current shop that is already an automotive repair business. I will be repairing plows and also installing new plows. Currently looking in to snowdoggs just because they seem like a decent plow and seem to be easier to get into than the big names. Just looking for some input from current plow service business owners that have been in the business for a while, maybe some do's or dont's. But any advice would be appreciated.

2. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

One thing is dont ask WIDE/ Very broad Questions like above. Ask specific questions. Do's and dont's In where?

One Dont is: Don't wire the plow harness into the fuse box. I had a truck where when i The company wired the whole plow soo bad that i turned the plow on and the doors locks windows went down. Trust me I have NEVER had a plow installed from that store since. Long story short i definitely got a refund for that instal! monroe truck in mi does the best job! DONt be that guy!

Have you ever installed plows before?
    Are you a plower also?
    Are you going to run the whole show or do your workers know alot also?

3. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Arron get ahold of Jim from ESI (equiptment specialty inc) He is a great guy and real knowledgeable and could i am sure point you in the right Direction,.Also i would get ahold of Scott Morsman from Snowdogg or on here each of them are on this site.

Jims ESI is 1-877 361-2227 ex47 SnowDogg ,Western,Fisher???

Langs garage in NH is 1-603-431-9727 Fisher?????

Jeff's Snow plows down by me 1-708-422-0898 Western only

john? I think Plowfixguy on here and located in Skokie,IL 1-847-673-7930 Blizzard & Western

Jim from Snow Dogg/Buyers 1 440-974-8888

Hope this helps a little Good luck with you Business Thumbs Up

4. Frankensnow

Frankensnow Junior Member
    from No. VA

Who's plowing b.b.t & wells fargo banks in norther virginia?

5. 7441aaron

7441aaron Junior Member

Have you ever installed plows before?
    Are you a plower also?
    Are you going to run the whole show or do your workers know alot also?[/QUOTE]

I have installed a few plows before. I have plowed commercially for the last ten years with the exception of last year. I will over see over it and do what I have time to do, but I have a guy that works for me in the winter who works for a landscaping company and he is real familiar with plows and how they work also.

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Give Basher a PM I believe he currently is a seller/installer and is very knowledgable.