1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow setup

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by d70stang, Oct 27, 2008.

1. d70stang

d70stang Junior Member

Well I finally got my new rig all set up. I have been surfing this site a lot over the last year and you guys have been such a great help. Now I am just waiting for the white stuff.

Its a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with a new Snoway 7.5 ft 22. It has the remote control, down pressure, and a snow deflector. These Jeeps already have quite a forward rake to them from the factory so I put 1.75" coil spring spacers in the front coils. Now even without the plow it seems to sit about level. With the plow, there is a minimal drop. Also, for you Snoway guys, when I mounted the plow, the two main members that attach to the frame rails actually ended up resting slightly on the front sway bar. It seemed like this made for a pretty stiff ride. Unless I did something wrong, which is not completely out of the question, in my opinion, installing a 22 on one of these Jeeps it is almost required to use some coil spacers or something. Also without the spacers, the bottom of those members was only about 6.5 inches off the ground, so unless you wanted to cut them off, you would regularly be knocking it into curbs when you parked. I also added the Whelen low profile LED light and a transmission temp gauge. Looking forward to seeing how it pushes snow!

Thanks again to all of you for your help.

Jeep pictures0002.jpg

Jeep pictures0006.jpg

2. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

Jeep The King Of Driveways looks great good luck with it

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Looks great. Thanks for sharing the picture. I will have to add it to my collection.

We at Sno-Way appreciate your business.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Very nice set-up. Pray for snow.

5. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Looks great & Best of luck!

6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

looks good!

Happy Plowing!

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Nice rig. Good choice on the deflector the larger EZz fit can cause problems on the 22 series.

8. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

yeah i agree i like the one piece molded deflector alot better

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Depends on the unit. I like it on the 32/29 but the EZ fit is just too large for the 22. The snow builds up under it plus it interferes with stacking.