1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow reccomendations

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by P.L., Dec 11, 2009.

1. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

I currently plow with my 99' f350, with an 8' fisher plow. I have plowed for about 7+ seasons with this truck since I have owned it. In these 7 seasons I have never ahd any real downtime with the truck or plow, but you never know. My plan is to put a plow on my 05 f450 as a back up plow. I like the fisher and have plowed with them for at least 15 years. However my brother works for a blizzard dealer so I am leaning twards putting a 9' straight blade on the truck. I am also considering boss. I can get the blizzard for about $1000 cheaper than the boss or fisher. The other big thing is because I will be plowing with the f350, most of the time the plow will hardly get used. I know every one likes there own brands and I have nothing bad to say about fisher, my plow has been used heavily and it still works fine. However I like some of the advances with the boss and blizzards and am curious to try one out.

2. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

I can't say I've tried them all but I would go with the blizzard myself, I tried a boss V plow and didn't like it at all it wouldn't backdrag without the plow folding into the scoop position, I've been told they like to bend the angle cylinders, and I wasn't crazy about the mount. With the fisher the only thing I don't like is the trip edge, It just bugs me when the plow is hopping across the lot but that's just me.Hope this helps:salute:salute:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  3. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

Thanks Kelsey. My main concern is even though I am not going to be using it all the time I still want a good plow that will last a long time. I know Fishers will because mine has been through hell and back with minor issues, but will the blizzard. It seems like most of the problems I have read about are with the wings. I am going with a straight blade because I don't really have any big lots so the wings are not necessary and just seem like more to go wrong.