1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new plow pricing?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by ACA L&L, Jan 5, 2007.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Hello all, I moved from Illinois where snow is expected, to the southwest where 4" of snow closes schools!)
    Anyway I still manage to plow quite a bit out here for another company(that my old boss owns) during my off season. (2 months)

My question pertains to the pricing of new snow plows out here. Here are some Ive gotten
    western pro plow $5650.00
    Myer 8' $6300.00
    snoway same $5600.00? dude dint have the price available at the time.These are the installed prices.

My question is how do these prices compare or not to some of the ones you all have purchased recently??????????Thanks:dizzy:
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Pretty high. I just bought a Fisher 8' straight blade two months ago. List price was $4300. I got $900 discount for showing a legitimate business plowing snow.
  3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Two seasons ago i paid $4500 for a 9' Western Pro Plus. Dont know if that helps
  4. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I'd like to know how you got a discount for that, Nobody would talk discounts with me when I was looking for mine.
  5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Depends on the economy too.
    Michigan, Maine people are dealing to get any type of business.
    Big cities in the SW are booming and prices are higher (for everything, insurance, etc)
    but "so are wages" (never enough though)

I just ordered a Curtis 8' Sno-Pro 3000 with wings. $5500 installed.
    It is what it is. When there's only one dealer around, there's only one dealer.
    Remember, shipping these things out here is more expensive too.