1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow pricing in NJ

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bad Luck, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I've narrowed my search down for my 04 1500 Z71 Silverado to either a Blizzard 760LT or a Western 7.5 STD Ultramount. My question is how is pricing where you are for these setups? The lowest price I have been quoted on for these two is 3,300.00 and 3,500.00 installed respectively. I live in North Jersey. For comparison, I also have gotten quotes for a Meyer ST-7.5 Classic Mount installed for 3,400.00, and a Fisher 7.5RD for 3,750.00. Do these prices sound reasonable? Or should I look elsewhere?

Also, given that I'll have a split between Res/small comm accts, which would you recommend. My experience is limited to Meyer only.

Thanks.

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

All prices sound reasonable to me, fisher RD's are the most expensive in that class at most dealers. Unfortunately plows are not cheap and dealers can't buge on their prices, they alredy make very little profeit to begin with.

3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Badluck

Those are give away prices.

4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Badluck,
    I'm getting the Blizzard 760LD mounted up in two weeks for $2595 plus tax. Why would yours run $700 more for the same plow? Shipping?

Buck

5. Bolts Indus.

$ 2595.00 installed is below cost. Perhaps your dealer is going out of business and clearing out his remaining stock. Or perhaps 760LT is not a good seller in your area and he intends not to stock that size anymore. Or perhaps there is a price war going. Just a couple guesses because that price doesn't make any sense to me.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Give away prices huh? Sounds good to me, looks like I'll most likely be mounting up a new BLIZZARD. I'll probably end up saving myself some coin anyway, after thinking it through I'll most likely be installing it myself.

7. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Up North - Not really sure. I've seen prices on this web site before closer to the 3k mark. All of the dealers I have spoken to all have the units in stock already.

Bolts Indus. - Maybe you could help me out? What would you charge for a Blizzard set up?

ac_sab@yahoo.com

8. Bolts Indus.

$3300.00 us is a good price installed. The dealer is not making much on the plow.

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the western is worth its wieght in gold its mounting ease on/off is great

10. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Bolts, I don't know what to tell ya. I looked into them last year and they were selling them at $2495 installed back then. They jumped up $100 this year to $2595. The dealer is reputable, they are a John Deere dealership as well and I bought a JD unit from them this spring.

Buck

11. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Bolts, I don't know what to tell ya. I looked into them last year and they were selling them at $2495 installed back then. They jumped up $100 this year to $2595. The dealer is reputable, they are a John Deere dealership as well and I bought a JD unit from them this spring. Keep in mind, that's US dollars, don't know if you're compensating for that or not.

Buck

12. Bolts Indus.

Up North

Yes, I am thinking in US. dollars. I know his purchase price. At $2595.00 installed, grab it.

13. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Bolts, I am! Scheduled to be installed week of the 18th.

Buck

14. Bolts Indus.

This is bugging me. $2595.00 installed? Does this include the undercarriage and light adapter harness? I don't see any profit for the dealer there.

15. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Bolts, I was just at the dealers at noon and got it ordered up. Yes, everything I need except the deflector which I'll hold off till I see how the plow performs without it. The price was actually $2565, $30 less then I originally said. I have their flyer sitting right in front of me...the 680LT is $2463, the 720LT is $2514, the 760LT is $2565, 760 is priced at $2617, the 800 is $2669, the 860 is $2772, the 810 is $4108 and 8611 is $4779. Installation, lights, mounting hardware, joystick, everything needed is included. Said it will take a full day to mount it up.

Buck

16. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Bolts, here's the flyer...

brochure2.GIF

17. Up North

Up North Senior Member

it didn't turn out very good. Anyway, that small red box at the top right, there's some small print in there that says "Limited Quanities Available At These Rock Bottom Prices!" Don't know if they have a special deal going on or what, but last year they were selling the 760LT at $2495, I looked into then but waited till this year.

Buck

18. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

As a Fisher dealer,$3750 with a Fishstick is a reasonable price,i can't comment on the others cause i really dont know?
    Bolts-let me be the first to tell you-I hear ya!I've had customers call and give me off the wall quotes from 2 other dealers,i told them there was NO WAY,they gave me the phone #'s and sure as hell $xxxx,i said it's some kind of sale,"nope,everday"it's not installed"price is installed + tax"but your not making any money?"thats our business!" :gunsfiring:
    Ain't sellin plows fun :eek:

19. Bolts Indus.

Arc Burn

I guess that's his price. I think I understand his marketing strategy and am inclined next year to do sort of the same thing. The biggest problem in introducing a (new to the area) brand is a lot of people are afraid to jump from their own brand even though Blizzard is a good plow. When the bigger dealers see you coming they tend to gang up, not wanting to give up even 3% sales. Regardless of stiff opposition Blizzard will get its share of the market, sooner rather than later. It's simply too good a product. It must be fun selling plows because :rolleyes:

20. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I just got another quote today from a dealer in NJ about 30 minutes from me. 2,750.00 out the door, no installation. Looks like Saturday I may be taking a ride. :nod: