1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plow Price

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mowerbrad, Jan 17, 2008.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad Junior Member

I am looking at getting a 7'6'' or 8' Boss straight blade with the wings on each side. I don't know exactly what I will be paying but what could I expect to be paying for one? Thanks for the feedback!

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

my buddy paid 4050 installed in jerrsey for a 7.5 super duty

3. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Around $4000 is common. I picked mine up for a little less then that but thats because I got it pre season.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Make sure you shop around. found one on a truck on ebay, and I asked the seller if he'd sell the plow seperate, and he replied that he paid 5800 for his plow new installed, and that he'd sell it for 4500. Mind you this is a straight blade 7'6''. Might as well buy new. I think he ment he paid 4800 new and wants 3500 to sell it without the truck. But shop around. Ever think of installing it yourself? They are really easy if you have a gm vehical. The wiring is a cake walk on any truck (its all plug and play), the only thing is the mounts on trucks other than gms. Did a ford the otherday and had to take off the bumper to mount it.:dizzy:

5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad Junior Member

If I do install it myself how much money would I be saving vs. having the dealer do it for me? BTW the truck it would be going on is a 1998 GMC 2500 diesel. So if it is truely easy to install on a GM, would this be the same? Thanks!

6. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

On a 98 2500 there is no extra drilling involved what so ever. BIG PLUS!!!! I did my 91 and it was a cake walk. I had the wiring done at a dealer. ( was still a little unsure on what wire did what.) The instructions are very clear on what wire goes where, and if you need any help just ask on here. You could save even more money and buy the plow in a crarte and assemble it yourself too. Then I would say your gonna save close to a grand. I am gonna buy my next one in a crate and assemble it myself. This way if you assemble it yourself you can fix it yourself to because you assembled it and you know how it works. Where are you in Michigan?

8. mowerbrad

mowerbrad Junior Member

I am in Grand Haven, so you are really close to me. Thanks for the help.

9. mowerbrad

mowerbrad Junior Member

BTW Bronkema, it says GHTFD in your title, do you by any chance work at the Grand Haven Township Fire Department? If you do I am there every Monday from 2:50- 4:00 helping out at the station.

10. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

what year ford was it? most you just have to notch the air damn on the bottom of it....

sometimes its better to pay a little more if the dealer is going to give you top notch service, also if you install yourself most dealers wont honor any warranty stuff. ill stop by my boss dealer monday and get some of his prices for you, they have decent prices but their service is unbelieveable and second to NONE.

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Yes I am, Whats your name? I can put the plow on your truck for ya if you want. I have a heated shop and all the tools ready to go.

12. mowerbrad

mowerbrad Junior Member

My name is Brad Ayres. I will definately have to get in touch with you when I decide on a plow for next year. If you every want to talk to me about the plow or anything, just stop by the station on Mondays, since I'm there after school. Thanks for all your help!

13. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I will be up there tommorrow for our meeting, maybe if we get a call I will be up there earlier????? But yes def get in touch with me about a plow, Also talk to Bryce at the station. He knows his stuff.

14. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

It was a 03 f250. And the plow was a 2006 8 foot straight blade.

15. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

hm, how long did your install take? ive never installed them myself but wonder on a vee is it hard to get the truck frame and stuff at the right heigth and level?

16. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I just paid $3800 for my 9' straight and $425 to install, if that helps.

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Because there is drilling you have to do on the frame, and what with taking the front bumper off I would say it took me 4 hours to do the mount. The wiring I know like the back of my hand and that took i'd say maybe a half hour all said and done. As far as getting the frame height right it is all the same for a vee and a straight plow. As long as you have atleast 15 and a half inches you'll be okay.

18. CEPropertyMgt

CEPropertyMgt Junior Member
    from N/A

i paid 3395 plus shipping from md for my 8' super duty straight blade