1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plow Owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by PAPlowCat, Nov 13, 2005.

1. PAPlowCat

PAPlowCat Junior Member

I've operated a small construction business for a number of years, mainly installing new roofs, siding, decks, etc. I've operated a variety of equipment over the years including front end loaders, backhoes, etc. I've also done a bit of snow plowing in the past using other people's equipment. In the winter my work gets kinda slow, so I decided to start a supplemental business this year. After reading through the Plow Site forum for several weeks, I decided to take the plunge. I recently purchased a new plow for my Dodge 2500 diesel. Have all the necessary insurance, done a bit of advertising, and just waiting for some snow.

I want to thank all the pros who post on here. I have gained some valuable insight into the plowing business, and will use this site much in the future.

2. SLAMllc

SLAMllc Junior Member
    from CT

Just wanted to say congrats on your decision to take the plunge and good luck.

3. I was in your same situation a few years back. I took the plunge. You will never look back, I make more money in the winter than I do all year long...:drinkup:

4. PAPlowCat

PAPlowCat Junior Member

Thanks...appreciate the feedback. I've been running advertising for about a week now, and have placed business cards on various bulletin boards in my area. I did place one bid for a small commercial parking lot. Still waiting for that first call, and of course some snow. I don't expect to get a lot of business the first couple of years. But I'm patient. And I live in south-central Pennsylvania. Not what you would label a snow belt. We only average 44" per season.

5. we only average 22" a year, but still make good money, good luck:drinkup: