1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plow Owner, have a Question :-p

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by EKennett, Jul 15, 2010.

1. EKennett

EKennett Junior Member

Hey all, I'm new here and have a quick question. I bought a used 7.6' Western Unimount plow that came off of a 2001 2500 Ram. I'm putting it on a 2001 Ram 1500 Sport. The plow is complete with mount and harness, but it has the 62917 harness for dual HB1 headlights. My Sport model has the quad HB5/HB1 lights so I'm wondering if I need to buy the harness for the quad headlights or if I can just run the one I have hooked up to low beams only. It wouldn't bother me to not have hi beams. I didn't realize the harnesses were so expensive. Thanks for the input.

2. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

you would need the correct light harness or you wont have high beams. and make sure your harness has 4 relays and not 2. i made this mistake and my lights didnt work only the plow.
  3. EKennett

EKennett Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. The harness I have has 4 relays but the one I'm "supposed" to have has 5, one for the extra high beam relay. I'm thinking I'm gonna get some plug ends and a relay and just modify the harness I have. The pin-out is the same for connection to the plow side harness.