1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plow or not

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by J.Henderson, Jul 10, 2002.

1. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

I was thinking of getting a new plow this year. I have a 7 1/2' 24 series Snoway and have a 2500 Ram. I am thinking may be to narrow for the truck. Last year I had a f150 stepside and it worked fine. I probably need to decide before I buy a mount for the new truck, or will a larger Snoway fit on the same mount as the 7 1/2'. Hmmmm I guess I better decide, winter will be here before we know it.

This pic is of my old beast

f150.jpg

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I believe that Snow-Way plow frames are interchangeable with all blades. You could put 6.5' to 9' Snow-Way plow on the same mount. You already have a Snow-Way plow frame so I guess all you will need is to buy a plow for it. Alan or Bryan should be able to help you with your question.

3. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

That's correct, you can put almost any straight moldboard on the Series 24 push frame. Only snag might be that the arms the moldboard attaches to are lighter (I think) on the 24 than the 25. I'd be inclined to try to find a Series 25 plow, it will hook up to your nosepiece and wiring, as long as your 24 has downpressure.