1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow or New mounting brackets

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by newburghgrass, Jan 28, 2011.

1. newburghgrass

newburghgrass Junior Member

Hello folks. Just got a F-350 SRW 2011 truck, to replace the 1999 F-250 I've been plowing with due to mounting repair costs.

So my question is do I buy the new mounting bracket and wiring harnest to match the 810pp I have, with the new 2011 F-350.
    Or
    Buy a new plow for the new truck and deal the old one; which is in great shape 2008 (only 12 plows with it last year)
    Thanks for your input

2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Keep the old one, much heavier construction, in my opinion. No computer out on the plow to mess with, new one has a computer on the plow. I think you will need mount carton B31257, wiring MAY need to be updated with isolation style because of light system on Ford Trucks.

3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

that mount is for a dodge you will need b31251 mount and if it is a diesel a little mod will need to be done for the cooler on the frame

4. newburghgrass

Here a pic of the new truck

and the older truck and plow

006 edit.jpg

007edit.jpg

5. newburghgrass

I've priced out the mounting harness $630, wiring and light harness at around 400 plus the six hours in install total around 1500.00

New 8100pp installed $5800 or $4300 difference

6. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Sorry, I hit the wrong key when I put the number for the mount kit on my reply.

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

What kind of mechanic monkey takes 6 hours on a truckside install?

8. newburghgrass

These are the install times I've been quoted
    What should I expect time wise for installation truck side?

9. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Well, I'm not a dealer, so I don't have book times. I'll give you an hour for R&R grille/bumper/lights as needed, which should be generous, then I'll give you an hour to get the mount on, and an hour to run the wiring harness. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me, longer than that is milking it.

10. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

gonna agree with fastjohnny 4 hrs tops and that is checking plow after it is all done

11. Wallace

Wallace Member

BS!
    If your doing a half ass job you may come close to that.
    And If your doing a neat job in that amount of time I will hire you!
    The only truck your going to mount in that kinda time is a newer Dodge 4500

12. Wallace

Wallace Member

And let me guess..you guys also think that these are just "bolt on" mounts.

13. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

yep the mount will bolt right on the new ford in one hour trim the bumper valance 20 min and the rest in wiring and answering phone calls and calling tech support when all else fails lol