1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plow Operator with a couple ????

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by usmcdvl007, Jan 20, 2011.

1. usmcdvl007

usmcdvl007 Junior Member
    from 01610

Im new in the plowing game and would like to know what fair paying rates are for front end loader operators and 1/2 ton truck drivers. I recently started plowing for a company, im an equipment operator by trade, and im using the company's equipment. I sometimes operate a front end loader and sometimes drive a 1/2 ton truck and would like to know what rates are like for a starting person. i have over 10 yrs experience operating havy equipment, and driving for well over 20.

Thanks in advance,
    Semper Fi!

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I am going to guess at this point, cause I'm not from the same area, but I would venture to say that 1/2 ton pick-up operater will be in the 15 to 20 dollar an hour range, and the wheel loader operater will be in the 20 to 25 an hour range. Of course this all depends on experience, and not just driving or digging, I am talking about plowing experience.

3. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I have 20 plus years heavy equipment experience and around here, 5 years ago, I was getting my summer rate to run a truck, to run a loader with a pusher and/or loading trucks I was getting double my summer rate. I don't know if this helps or not but I would expect more to run a loader. Driving dump truck, hauling snow was the normal summer rate as well. We had a small operation so between the guys we would rotate positions so everyone made about the same amount over the season and it didn't get boring.

I have no idea what guys are paying operators these days so maybe some others will jump in.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

it is a job....too many people looking for work
    take whatever they offer (within reason)