1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow on older truck

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, May 30, 2016.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

We have a 95 Sierra with a minute mount 2 on it.The rear of the frame just snapped behind the cab so now we are in need of a plow truck for next season.Ive got an old 1980 k10 setup for a hydraulic minute mount plow.I was told by a friend of mine that I could take the pump off the plow and use the plow on that I would just have to make the plow hoses work with the truck.I take the pump off every year to change the fluid and I anti-seize the bolts,so I'm not worried about getting the pump off and breaking bolts.Would anyone happen to have a picture of one?
  2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

if I were u id leave all the hydro parts under the hood there in place and take the wiring and controller off the 95 and put it all on the 80 and run the mm2 elec over hydro as it was intended u could either hard wire the 95 headlight cables into the 80's head lights OR buy the headlight cables ( and configuration plug 4 port module) everything else is plug and play I don't know if u ever used a full hydro setup but there very slow compared with the mm2 setup
    Last edited: May 30, 2016