1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow no shoes

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by milwaukeevtwin, Oct 21, 2010.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

Bought a new poly vxt. Do shoes usually come with these? I would think a new plow would have shoes? I did not get any and want them if i am suppose to get them. Anybody know?:dizzy:
  2. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Couldn't tell you if they are supposed to come with it brand new, but with 15 years of plowing under my belt I have never used shoes on my blade.
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I just got mine and wonder he same thing! They don't come with shoes, you have to order them seperately.
  5. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

No shoes on the V plows. You can buy them as extras.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Many brands haven't included shoes for several years now. Cuts down on blade weight (making more truck applications possible) and many guys don't use them anyway.
  7. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

If I remember right they are a option on all boss plows now. I think they realize 99% of people dont use them. Probably a way to keep prices down a little.
  8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I just bought a new one also. No shoes, they asked me if I wanted to buy them extra. I have taken every pair of shoes off so I thought it was great to finally get a plow that didn't have them.
  9. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The superduty straight blades come with shoes, the v blades do not
  10. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Do they break easier on v blades as opposed to straight blades?
  11. timberjack

timberjack Member

I don't think it was a matter of them breaking. More the new style curved cutting edges were to provide some extra area for support, making shoes unnecessary in most conditions. At least that's what Jim told me last fall when i ordered mine.

I tried it last winter without any shoes, but didn't think they did anything in my case until the base froze good. I plow dirt logging roads, and gravel parking areas, and have never been on pavement yet, so shoes are pretty much needed for the first couple outings of the season.

This winter, i'll run a set of shoes until the ground freezes here, and see if it's any better. If it still digs in too much, i'll get some pipe and make cutting edge "gliders" for the first couple plow sessions.
  12. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

Thanks, Guy's I just wanted them if i was suppose to get them. I do not use either.
  13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

One less thing to stub your toe on in the shop. They do make great doorstops, though.
  14. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Exactly right!