1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow, Need advice on front end

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gcbfire14, Nov 25, 2011.

1. gcbfire14

gcbfire14 Junior Member

I just purchased a MD75 SnowDogg plow for my F150 supercab shortbed XLT 5.4L. The plow installer said I had the smaller of the 3 front ends made by ford. I want to look into beefing it up and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. My truck currently dips a little in the front and didn't know if putting a small 2" lift package on it to even it out would be enough or if I just beef up the springs to make the front end a little heavier dutier. Or do I need to do both? Any help and guidance would be appreciated.

2. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

What year F-150? It makes a difference. (Torsion bars vs. coils.)

Generally speaking, you want to increase the spring rate though, not simply lift it.

3. gcbfire14

gcbfire14 Junior Member

Figured I forget something, thanks. Its a 2005 4X4. I believe its got coils in the front