1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow mounting ????S

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JimT, Aug 22, 2007.

1. JimT

JimT Junior Member

Hi-new to this sight. I've got a 99 chevy tahoe that iIm putting a Snoway HT 7.5' plow on. Its used and I went on snoways web site and they recomend a lighter plow. The frame mount I got looks like it will bolt right up, My question is this, If I need to beef up my front end a little. what is the best route. I dont do much plowing really. Only my drive (750') My Moms and relatives and friends. But sometimes I leave the plow on and use the truck for other stuff. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Jim

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You can add cargo coil heavy duty springs to it or timbrens.
    Timbrens replace the bump stops on your frame, the added plow weight rides on them. The then carry the weight. Just don't go too heavy on the plow weight and make the truck unsafe. Most plow part suppliers carry Timbrens like Central Parts Warehouse on the sponsor line above. Ask your question in the Snoway forum too.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You could also consider going to a Poly wearedge (200-250 depending on supplier)
    they're considerbly lighter and nicer to sealed surfaces including pavers.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Just be advised that plowing can be addictive. Once it gets in your blood you will want to plow more and more each storm. It starts off just the relatives and soon your searching for places to plow! You wake up after a night of plowing and you rack your brain for someplace that needs plowed out.