1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow / landscape truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rblake, May 16, 2009.

1. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Had a unfortunate occurence last thursday. My 98 chevy 1 ton 4x4 diesel decided to go up in flames after an electrical short. Needless to say the truck is gone. Checked with chevy and all i can find are 6.0 gas engines with a snow plow prep, 4x4 etc. I would prefer a diesel. Looking at an 08 dodge with a cummins but have read about there problems. Any suggestions on a new truck?
  2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

late 90's international with a dump box --- $12k or so in nice shape. Spend another $7k and put a big blade on ... one hell of a truck!!
  3. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

i'd go with the 08 cummins maybe a boss v blade on the front .
  4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Umm what problems? Dodge setup is one of best setups for the money. They even fixed the mileage issue. Something Ford cant.
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

My friend and my boss both have the new 6.7 cummins with the 6spd auto. Seem to be very nice trucks and pull like a freight train. My buddies barelly even noticed a 9500lb bobcat/trailer combo behind him. Boss has hauled 20k+ of cattle with his and said it pulled much better then the 6.0 pstroke farm truck could ever dream of. Both are still 100% stock with the dpf systems. About 13-15mpg town and 19-20 on the hwy for both.