1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow installed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HandyHaver, Nov 7, 2000.

1. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Well I finally got my new plow put on and it's awesome!! A new 7.5 Meyers with the sabre lights & the new MDII mounting set up. The mounting system is pretty cool and I had the whole unit off (by myself) in about 15 minutes. I know there aren't alot of "Meyers" fans out here but this set up seems perfect for me. I haven't been behind a plow in over 10 years and just looking to suppliment my other business when it snows. Most of you guys appear to be landscapers. I'm a contractor who does most of my work (rehabbing houses) in the beautiful city of Phila. When it snows, either I can't get up the street or can't find parking. If there is parking you take your life into your hands to park in somebodies spot. (if they shovel it, it's theirs) I'm trying to just do sub-work this year and get myself back into the groove. Ive done alot of reading out here any thank you guys for all the help the few times Ive asked.......... Well gotta go learn the snow dance!!

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Sounds good. Keep me informed about how the MDII mount system works. This system is also used on Diamond plows, and I want to know how well it works before i buy it. Right now meyer and Diamond are offering both the pull a way and MDII system. Not sure what system I will buy when I buy my next Diamond.

Geoff

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Still looks like a lot of extra parts to me. It doesnt take me that long to get the western off, and it is one of the most complicated around.

4. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

I HAVE A 9FT FISHER, ONLY 3 YEARS OLD. I'LL BUY A MYERS ANY TIME. NOTHING WRONG WITH FISHER,NOT ANY BETTER THAN MYERS,AT THIS POINT NEXT NEW PLOW WILL BE MYERS V BLADE

5. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

Well we live in the state Fishers are made and Myers and Diamond sell just as many and in most cases out sells Fishers. I belive there all equil in the end and we buy whichever is cheapest do to fleet quinity. Our company has owned Myers, Fisher, Diamond and Western and feel they are all a decent plows. At 2000-2001 season we are running Diamonds but what 2002-2003 will bring is hard to tell.

6. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

I wasn't trying to start a Myers support group here. Sure everybody has their preference but I also did alittle homework and there are alot of Meyers on the road in my area. The price was in line. I also have a dealer about 15 minutes away. I'm very pleased with my new plow. I'm sure that if maintained properly, and not abused it will give me years of service. Like Ford, Chevy, or Dodge, they all have their fan clubs & bashers............

7. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Yep!

8. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

You wont be buying a meyer v plow anytime soon. Meyer has recalled all their v plows for major design flaws. It will be at least till next winter if not longer before meyer rejoins the v plow market.

9. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

From what I have heard, I wouldn't touch a Meyer V-Plow with a 10' pole, and I wouldn't go near it except in a Hazmat suit.

I can give the Name of a Diamond Dealer, that will NOT sell the meyer built v-plow, also offered by Diamond. He says is Diamond brings back their V-Plow, he will sell them as soon as they ship um.

Geoff