1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow installed - Lighting question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by mortician79, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Greetings!

I had a new Boss 8.2 V-XT installed today on my 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi. I had a Boss Sport Duty on a previous Dodge truck and it was great.

Here are my questions:
    I noticed 2 things...

1) I noticed there is only one safety latch, there is only one on the drivers side, is this correct, non on the passenger?

2) When i had the plow on everything worked great. When I took it off (which was super easy) the daytime running lights weren't working, however all the regular lights worked fine when switched on. Any ideas as why the daytime runners didn't come on?

I wanted to check here before I hit up the dealer that did the install.

I posted this in the Boss forum as well, but I thought some Dodge guys might have some insight.

2. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Can't help you but that is a good looking truck!
    I have a Fisher installed next week on mine, I let you know if I have the same problem.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

There's only one safely latch on the boss plow.
    Did you flip you switch for the lights? Does your truck have a manual daytime running light switch?
  4. Yes I flipped the switched. I have had a boss plow before.

There is no manual switch for the daytime runners.

Thanks for the help so far. Keep it coming.