1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new plow installed and now have problem.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jerseydrew, Aug 17, 2010.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

Western HTS on my gmt900 1/2 ton. Dash lights are always in night mode. The radio is dim and the cluster is on even during the day. I have to check tomorrow and see if the car is going into auto headlight mode.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Did a dealer install this? Post this in the western forum too. If a dealer installed this its his issue.

3. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

yes dealer installed. i put a flashlight on the sensor on the dash and it worked fine. i thought it was quite bright out this afternoon but i guess not bright enough for the daytime thing to work. coincidence i think. will verify tomorrow in the daylight.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I'd bring it back and tell them you aren't happy with what's going on.

5. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i think it has something to do with the DRL's i pulled the fuse for the DRL and all is well. maybe the control box they put in was for non DRL truck. doesn't matter cause i was going to disconnect the DRL anyway for the install of some HID's. ao all is well now.

6. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

That's mickey mouse man. Take it back and make them fix it. Your lights should function normally.