1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new plow, help with choice..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by plow_Ak, Nov 7, 2011.

1. plow_Ak

plow_Ak Junior Member

well through you guys the knowledgeable one. I have learned ALOT!!! with that being said I have narrowed my search..

1) Blizzard 8611lp Likes for me= Expandable, direct mount hydraulics great dealer support where I am located...

2) Western Wide Out.. Likes for me= expandable, chain lift hydraulics. great dealer support where I am located...

3) Fisher XLS Likes for me= expandable, chain lift hydraulics. trip edge.. dealer support is ok not as good.

where i am located the same dealer sells both the Blizzard and the Western plows. being that all are owned by the same company, and from what you guys say it all is down to dealer support.. they are open 24/7 in the snow season.. I lean to favor the Blizzard as I seem to feel that direct hydraulics is a plus ie. you guys love boss v-plows and they have them.. We dont get much drifting here so I feel that I would not benifit from the V option...
    Our snow is lite and usually fluffy as the temps are pretty cold..

Any advice from you seasoned veterans would be greatly appreciated... I have ran equipment my entire life and have a constuction business as well, this is just something to keep me busy during the slow months of construction... thank you in advance...
  2. tmf lawn care

tmf lawn care Member

talk to 92ak on here and alaska boss too they both live up there by u. alaskaboss has boss v-plows . he love them. i run a boss vxt on my 450 pickup it great for wat i do
  3. BFBoss

BFBoss Member

Yeah we run boss. you will get a bunch of different suggestions for plows.
  4. IPlowWI

IPlowWI Junior Member

I prefer chain lift. If something goes wrong with your hydraulics or electrical, you can push the plow up into a snow bank and short-chain the plow.

I went with the red brand because, like you, I have better Western dealer support, here.
  5. greatdanenick

greatdanenick Junior Member

Western wideout.
  6. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

my wide out works great.. AlaskaBOSS has 2 boss Vee's and a Blizzard speedwing... search his name and you will find what your looking for.......