1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow, got some questions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by srl28, Jul 14, 2009.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Just won a ebay auction for a year or 2 old Boss 8.6 rt3 straight blade plow. Looks to be very clean, wasnt used much at all. The plow was on a dodge, we dont have any dodges, so if anyone here needs dodge mounts and wiring, please PM me, I dont need this mount and wiring.

So aside from that heres my question. Its about a year old, plowed about 4 or 5 storms, mounts, controller and wiring included, got it for 1900.00...good deal?

second question- it is an 8.6 plow, and with wings installed, do you think this would be an ok plow for our chevy 4500 mason dump or should we keep it on the ford 350 SRW we originally planned on putting it on??

Third question....is there anywhere online where I can buy the mounts I need and accesories and what not or is it best to go direct to my local dealer?

Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate the help!
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Good luck this winter.
  3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We got what you need....hit me up tomorrow at 877-361-2227...plus you get 10% discount on our already great prices!
  4. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Thanks for the help everyone! and Jim, will do, call ya tomorrow!
  5. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Sent you a PM regarding the mount and wiring
  6. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Yep. Thanks- Mounts are off a 2007 Dodge 3500 if anyone is interested in them, send me an offer. I dont need them

STROLLOSTOWING Junior Member

hey if you want to trade up i will give you your money back towards a 9xt straight blade for that 4500 chevy have it all in stock and will take the used one no problem call me @ 203 272 5384 SEAN We are about 84 miles from the jersey border

STROLLOSTOWING Junior Member

My cell number is 203 980 0699 in ct I TAKE TRADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!