1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow for F450

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jsaunders, Feb 11, 2003.

1. jsaunders

jsaunders Senior Member

I just picked up my new plow BLIZZARD 8611. I've made the switch from fisher. I hope the plow works out and holds up! The plow looks huge in the crate. I will hopefully get started on installing it tomorrow. I drove 1hr 45 min to a dealer that had the plow. What a great bunch of guys- made sure I had all questions and concerns answered. Thanks for everyone that suggested buying the blizzard in my post ' plow for new F450', I will post pics as soon as I can. Thanks Joel :D

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Joel did you buy it in Avon Mass?

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

If you hit any bumps with the install, their tech line is a great help. If you've got after hours questions, drop me a line.

4. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

You must post some pics of that, My good friend is a blizzard dealer and all I've seen so far is their straight blades and the 810 like I own. An 8611 on a 450 now thats gonna move some snow.

5. jsaunders

jsaunders Senior Member

JD Plower - no I didn't buy from the guy in avon but I did call him and he gave me the name and number of Mahoney and Sons 603 -642- 8483 in Brentwood NH- There near the New England Dragway. They are a great bunch of guys, I wish they were closer to me 1hr 45 min. They are on call 24 hrs and gave me there number if I had any problems. They said that there hasn't been 1 call this year.
    Hopefully I will have it on the truck completed in a day or two:D
    I'm hoping to get alot of use out of the plow- going after commercial can you guys give me any info pricing wise? I've only done driveways for 10 years.
    I will post pics soon as its installed.
    Thanks Joel

6. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Joel, your an HOUR AND FORTY FIVE MINUTES FROM BRENTWOOD :eek: . Are you sure your not Canadian :D .

As far as commercial pricing goes my best advice is to figure out what your hourly rate should be (that varies from area to area though) then try to apply that to a particular lot at a particular snowfall. If your pricing per inch (1-3,3-6 and so on) then you need to know just how productive your machine can be and what level of service the customer expects. You might get an account at what seems like a good price, but when it snows they call wanting you there constantly and then you realize your price is nowhere near what it should be. Also you might want to start out slow the first year and build business gradually before overcommiting. Commercial pricing has been discussed alot on this board, so a search should come up with some really good reading material.

Good luck with the plow :waving: