1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new plow choice

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by hosenfeffer, Jun 30, 2010.

1. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

Looking for a new plow for a new plow to me truck. Local dealer has good prices on Blizzard plows. I only do a dozen or less accounts and wondering if the wings or even other brand V plows are worth the possible maintenance or repair issues in my case. Always used straight plows and have to admit to being a count the tires maintenance guy with a spring or fall major upkeep. thanks in advance for your opinion.

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Love Blizzard plows, or at least the old ones. If the dealer have an old stock 860 SW or an 810 go for it. The SW will push as much as an 810, but if you need to plow drive thru's and things that are a bit narrow the 810 will be the better choice because you'll have control over the wings. Hope that helps.

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Agreed. Older 810 would be my choice, depending on the truck. What are you putting this plow on?

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think I would buy another straight blade. I have a 810, a couple of V blades and 3 straight blades with wings. I know 3 guys that have 860 Speedwings and all 3 have bent mould boards.

In your case I would buy a V plow and one that you could put wings on in the future.

5. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

plow choice

Thanks for the input. To answer a few questions.
    Don't know if dealer has old stock or not will check out next week.
    Truck is an 02 GMC 2500hd. Never plowed came with a new factory transfer and tranny. Will be doing timbrens in the front, 4 good shocks and maybe a 2" lift in the front FWIW.
    Have one 20-25 space lot a half dozenor so space lot and a couple long driveways. No real tight ones but one with a 2 car garage and only one small place to put snow. One of those real pain in the a** ones but since it is my mothers' it is kinda hard to blow off.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would look at a Speedwing.
    A little cheaper and a lot lighter then a 8100.