1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow bargain???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 00247, Sep 13, 2006.

1. 00247

00247 Junior Member

A Western dealer has a new left over 9 foot Ultramount. The price is $3200 with standard controls. What do you think about the price? Thanks.
  2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

jump on it thats good if its with install or even a little more for install but thats good round here by me they want between 4500.00 and 4800.00 for plows
  3. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

9 foot ultra for 3200 ? If you dont want it, give me the number !!! Just kidding. That is a good deal from where i live.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That's cheap!!! Look for the fine print:D
  5. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Yeah, I think they left something out in that price quote...
  6. 00247

00247 Junior Member

I did misstate the quote. It was $3300. They threw in a poly deflector for $45, and tax was $183.98. Out the door price came to $3528.98. Now only the blade was a left over item. Everything else was new in the box, including Nighthawk lights. I just finished the installation on my Chev 2500HD today. Now its time to send the old reliable 78 Ford down the road. So long old friend, you were one plowing S.O.B. :salute:
  7. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Well, you got a good deal... Good Luck with the plow and Chevy. Should be a good combo...
  8. 00247

00247 Junior Member

Here is a picture for your enjoyment. Has anyone come up with slick way to add weight in the rear? My old plow truck, which was used only for plowing, would get a bunch of fire wood in the back each fall. With this truck I need to keep the box available for use. I suppose I could just go find a BIG girl friend to ride in the box. Any better ideas?

9. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

Put a spreader on the back, balance it out and make much more $$$ A Pro Flo 2 goes very nicely! Thats what I did...

10. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Home Depot

:waving: If your not interested in a spreader, Head down to your local hardware guys and buy some sand bags :nod: It'll give you the weight you need and if you get in a bind you can use the sand to get yourself going again. They're practical and inexpensive. :salute:

Pale Rider :gunsfiring:
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2006