1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Plow Assembly HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by salms22, Oct 19, 2011.

1. salms22

salms22 Junior Member

I am installing my own plow...new pro plow, ultra mount. I noticed that the instructions say that the threaded hydraulic port should be facing up when attached to the A-arm. The problem is that they gave me two differnent hydraulic rams (three if you include the lifting hydraulic ram). One ram is oreinted so I can install it as the instructions suggest, the other ram, when lined up to insert the pin, the hydralic threaded port is sticking out the side not the top. I figured both should be the same. My dealer just blew me off and said "oh yeah, just as long as the hose don't get pinched you are fine." The hose connections on top seem like they are less likely to get hit than if they were on the side.

Any input would be great! Thanks.
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

These two angle rams should have the fluid ports orinented the same. The instructions should show exacltly where the hole should be and what angle the 90 degree fitting should point. I have noticed on some rams that they have two ports 180 degrees out from each other. Both ports usually have little black internal allan key plugs in them. Sometimes they can be hard to see. Have a look and be sure there is not a second plug in the right place, if not then be asertive with the dealer. Blowing you off is unacceptable. If they don't help then call Western directly, they will sort out the dealer.
  3. salms22

salms22 Junior Member

Thanks for the input Mishnick, I got an under the table deal on the plow...so maybe that is why he was unwilling to deal with me... I may have to contact him face to face. No, there were not any other ports...I did look. Thanks again....I will have to put on my "angry pants" with the dealer.