1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New plow and new problems

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by garleness, Nov 1, 2008.

1. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Got my new plow on and coated everything with fluid film , Noticed with down pressure on i have my first leak. not a good way to start off. here are some pics and the hose that is leaking 9 ft 32 Thanks for all the help guys

pic 1 rescan.JPG

rescan3.JPG

rescan2.JPG

2. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Nice set up. The leak sure s_____s....

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

why not head back to the dealer

4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

yeah, go back to the dealer and say a lot of curse words at him.
    He will fix it. Tell him you want a extra sticker too just in case.

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

This would be my first question also. If the hose fitting is defective it will be replaced through our warranty, if it is just loose, a simple tightening and you should be good to go.

6. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Check your fluid level too... Probaly OK but better to check it!

7. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

First thing i did was check the fitting, it is tight. Dealer where I bought it is closed on the weekend. So I will head down monday morning. Not a big deal just a bit of a bummer. still looks great just cant use down pressure. No snow here yet and im sure they will take care of it. Feel sorry for the guy changing it the plow is coverd with fluid film.

8. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Thats the only issue I had with my 29 series, check the fittings for burs, I had about 4 leaks last winter, mostly at the ram fittings, some times they would just loosen off, and then I found a few burs that were mangling the O rings.

Cheers
    Jeff

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's a great moisturizer, it'l be good for his hands in the cold weather. stops chapping:D

10. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

I agree tried to clean my hands after, even the brake cleaner wasnt working, took the truck for a drive no problems but you sure can feel the air on the front. hopefully they can replace the hose just looks like the o-ring in the fitting

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Guys miss getting the oring nut (the skinny one) tight it's hard to do properly with-out a "thin" wrench.
    Then there's a lack of care in assembly, o-rings need to be inspected and properly set on the fitting during assembly. All of the hydraulics are factory assembled on that unit, so don't fault the dealer:nono:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  12. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Its definitely tight , its leaking between the nut and the crimp, Not going to blame the dealer, I asembled everything myself, so I know how it came i unpacked the crate. It didnt leak the night i put it on the truck it leaked the second time noticed it as i was spraying the pump down with fluid film. I will give the dealer the warranty paper work at the same time. These things happen i work for a dealer. oh ya but i think i should get a free sticker. I wonder if sno way will send one to canada. you know for all my hassels

13. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Garleness,

It is difficult to tell, from the photo's but can you tell me what color the coils are on top of the valves on the hydraulic block. Also curious what the serial number is on the unit.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They do look like the black ones, don't they;)

15. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

They sure do.

16. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

The coils are black and the power pack serial number is 32d102263 why do you ask?
    The box that i recieved looked like it was sitting around for a long time?
    is there something up.?
    that is the number on the a-frame and on my power pack warranty

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Relax, there was a batch of bad coils. Rick will check your serial number against the "list" and if you have a unit that COULD have a coil from the suspect batch Snoway (through your dealer) will replace them at no charge to you or your dealer. Your dealer received a tech bulletin and this unit could already have been vetted. I have never had a coil fail and I had a couple units with some of the suspect lot, but better safe then sorry:nod:

It's the Snoway way. When the SMO-1 pump first came out some of the mt motors had improper insulation, we changed them all with HT motors. The manufacturer couldn't quantify the bad ones so Snoway made them replace them all.

You could use this unit forever and never have a problem, but better to have it checked.

The best factory web support of any snowplow brand strikes again. Good eyes Rickwesport

18. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Did anyone check the serial number ? Just so i know what to say

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's Sunday, we're all "working" from home.

20. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

how old would this power pack be last years or even older, how long ago did they have this problem