1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new pics of the truck.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by K1500 4x4, Jul 2, 2009.

1. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

i got my windows tinted today and my side straight pipe on alone with the other goodies. tell me what you think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. And where is the the Boss plow for it?:confused:

3. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

its at the boss dealer lol.

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Wicked nice.

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good. You may find that you like your exhaust exiting behind the rear tire better depending how much your truck smokes. You may be washing your bedside and wheel often.

6. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Nice truck, but why do you have different wheels in your avatar?

7. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Looks good, what % did you use for the tint?

8. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

the truck doesnt smoke but i will be adding a tuner soon but it will be off most of the time. thanks guys the tint is 20% up front and factory 20% in the rear. and the wheels are the same i just photochopped that pic.

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You may find your tuner on more then you think. My friend had an 02 psd with a 50hp chip and it gave him 1-1.5mpg better in all types of driving and that extra 50hp made it nicer to drive and would keep it in overdrive longer.

10. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

maybe we will see i guess. did some towing.

0703091744.jpg

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck. Do have any pics of it at night with the lights on the toolbox? I have been thinking about getting a toolbox and lighting it up a little. Thanks.

12. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

there was lights in the box but there arent anymore. id do it it looks realy nice just makes removing the box a pain. thats why i took them out i have to take the box out all the time to make room in the bed.

13. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

not a bad looking truck im getting my trucks windows tinted but im putting on 5% lol im not gonna plow with it but i do alot of driving on the high way and it sucks having the sun beating down on you and giving your arm a burn cause you cant really get it out of the way of the sun

but ya no way would i tint a plow truck that dark if you have to plow at night you cant see ANYTHING i had 5% on my car and man i couldnt really see backing up i had to roll down the window and look out to make sure i didnt hit any thing

14. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Looks great. As for the tuner, I'd recommend calling Jody at DP http://www.dp-tuner.com/index.php

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but I'd agree with the above post. My first plow truck had tinted windows. The first nighttime storm I was scraping it off with a razorblade because I couldn't see a damn thing. On a similar note, my friend had one of those "mural" things on his back window and ended up removing it. They are perforated so you can "focus" your eyes through them, but water droplets would sit in the holes and distort the heck out of his view.

Like I said, it looks great, but I hope you don't regret the tint.

15. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

looking good!!!

16. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

thanks, if i do get the money for a plow ill be fine i usually have my windows half down anyways so the tint is no problem.

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You'll have your windows up when it's zero or below or snowing hard, especially if it's snowing sideways. Then windows down sucks, makes a mess out of the inside of your truck.

18. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

i only do driveways and i dont have much to see other then behind me so ill be alright.

19. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

put an 05-07 grille on today.

DSC02416.jpg

DSC02415.jpg

20. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

You should get the 05-07 headlights too. :D