1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new pics of new to me Used Western unimount w/conversion bracket

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ACA L&L, Jan 8, 2012.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

So it sits pretty much 3" from the ground with this bracket on it. I will be looking for a ultra mount blade to put on this truck as it has the mounts and wiring already on it. Going to the suspension guy in am to have him put some front end work on the chebby. drops a few " when plow is raised....not a good sign. but the plow is fast, responsive, controller sticks a little looks to be used........took me a few to hook this baby up to the truck, driveway is on a hill and didnt think ahead before we started the process, had to break out the jack. anyway here she is, promised a pick or two so ill post some.

plow truck 017.jpg

plow truck 014.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. fordman22

fordman22 Senior Member
    from ohio

before you pay someone to beef up your front suspension. i dont know what you want or what this guy is charging. but there are these
    http://www.timbren.com/
    they seem easy to install and effective

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Looks like you used the long drop brackets, and even those have another hole of adjustment. You can get it up higher, especially with the short set.

4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

thanks both of you, we plan on using timbrens, but even without the plow the truck rides like a wooden box, every bump fells like a wreck, the supension has issues.......i did not install the plow, the shop did, when looking it over i noticed that we could raise it one notch, which should help a bit more, once we get the front end cleaned up, timbrens installed, we should be good to go. This plow came to me via another guy of which it sat in his yard for a few years never used, he mounted it last month, could not get it to work (motor was bad)......thus we got it.

5. fordman22

fordman22 Senior Member
    from ohio

with the timbrens it doesnt affect how your truck rides while its not loaded. and i know how you feel. my truck has airlift 5000 lb air bags in the rear and i usually keep them set at about 40 psi cause usually when i let the air out of them i have to go tow something. (they are manual fill) so i just dont mess with them.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

i do hate to say it,,but that looks loooowwwww. from the 2nd pic, the a-frame looks to be at an angle going down towards the truck. i'm not 100% sure that timbrens are going to help. as h2o stated,,double ck your brackets.

7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Yep its way too low for my taste, but it will be fixed one way or another.......we will raise the bracket the one notch, before you raise the plow we have zero issues, it still has low clearence, but the timbrens will keep it in place? if thats not the solution then we will do something else like a lift, or air bags, if thats an option..........the shop will help us out tomm. whatever needs to happen will happen, the good part is sooner then later we will have the midweight ultra mount or pro plow ultramount on her..........so my thinking is the timbrens will keep it from dropping the 3-4" which will help out some with raising the bracket.......

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  8. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

it dont really make a diffence but all the trucks ive had in the last ten years all had low mounts with plow raised, all in all the plow isnt on all the time, be careful when your going in and out, and you'll b fine, this one however is the lowest.

had a boss V plow on a 1 ton chevy, that was bad
    ford 3/4 ton with 9 ft meyer, bad (ez mount express set up)
    dodge 3/4 ton meyer 9ft good, really good actually (ez mount express)
    dodge 3/4 ton with 8 ft western bad
    this chevy 3/4 with 7.5" western the worst yet.

plow truck chevy 004.jpg

9. dieselss

ok,,so this is just a temp, plow on this truck till the ultra plow comes in...?
    maybe just moving up to the tope holes might be ok for now.

10. fordman22

fordman22 Senior Member
    from ohio

the timbrens wont give you any front lift. all they do is pretty much keep your front end level when UNDER A LOAD. but if out would want to raise your front end and stiffen up your front suspension. crank up torsion bar or torsion keys. and airlift offers 1000lb airbags for coil springs.. im assuming you have coil spring in the front?

11. dieselss

No the truck has bars.

12. fordman22

fordman22 Senior Member
    from ohio

not sure what you mean by "bars"

13. dieselss

no,,the truck has torsion bars,,,not coils springs.....i just felt like saying bars,,,

14. fordman22

fordman22 Senior Member
    from ohio

hahaha ok i gotcha now. anything new done with your mount ACA?