1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Pics of Extreme V

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PLM-1, Jan 13, 2007.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Here is a couple of pics of the new family member. The truck has about 1000lbs in the back with timbrens on the front; no turns on the torsion bars. It drops about 1/2".

Here are some action shots: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=42260

P1011249.JPG

P1011248.JPG

2. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Thats a nice setup you have there. I like the black GMC! Looks pretty sweet. Now I just wish we could get some of that white stuff up here.

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

That white stuff isn't very thick. It's really clear underneath!

4. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I know, its the same crap we get here, ice first, then about an inch on top of that. I hate it, but if thats all we can get, I'll take it.

5. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

plow looks good on the truck. Must be nice to actually use it too. payup

6. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Man I wish I waited for the V-X-blade. Looks great.

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

v blades are cool but i dont have a use for them yet

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I can honestly say, I sorta bought one because it was "cool". Now, I don't know how I would have gotten by without it!

9. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

So even if this isn't the forum to ask, I have a question on v-plow use. Not having one, I'm not very knowledgeable on them yet. Anywho, here goes. When plowing driveways, I am very often angling the plow & pushing off to one side or the other. What I find to be the biggest difficulty is picking the plow up early enough to clear the grass but still get all the snow off the driveway. What I know of straight blades when angled is that the inside corner (say the left corner when angled left) doesn't pick up as much as the rest of the plow when angled. My question for v-plow users is would a half straight & half dog-ear inward do well for this kind of scenario? Kinda like this __/ with snow inside the V. I could see it holding a blade of snow better because you've still created half of a V, but the inside corner won't drag the ground as easily when raising. Thoughts? Am I foolish? Ok, don't answer that one! ;)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  10. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

Its not a foolish question. It was a little difficult to get used to but I can go from dog legged to straight and then lift without hitting the curb. Speed has everything to do with how easy that sounded.LOL I do the same for V or scoop also. I would rather spend an extra second trying to stack snow at the pile then making extra passes to get it to that curb.