1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New PF2 mounted

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by timsjeep, Dec 5, 2003.

1. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

I searched for pictures of a Western ProFlow 2 and only found a few. So, here are some.

Truck is a 00 CTD
    Plow is a Western 7.5 with prowings and deflector
    Spreader is of course, a Werstern ProFlow 2
    Tires are Cooper S/T's 285/75/16

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Don't know why they stoped showing up. Here are some more.

p1010059.jpg

3. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

4. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

5. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

6. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

timsjeep,

mind if I ask what the spreader cost ??

Thanks
    Frank

8. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

2850 installed :confused:

9. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Timsjeep,
    Hey I love your truck, one nice setup! I have a question for you on that proflow 2. How was that installed? I have been considering something like that but I am a little confused. I went to Western's website and they make it sound like you get the class4 receiver hitch with the spreader. Is this true? I guess I was under the impression that you inserted spreader into current receiver, filled it up and away you go. Any help would be helpful.

P.S.

I used to live in Fort Collins, Go CSU !!!:)

10. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Nice looking set-up...

11. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Timsjeep,
    Hey I love your truck, one nice setup! I have a question for you on that proflow 2. How was that installed? I have been considering something like that but I am a little confused. I went to Western's website and they make it sound like you get the class4 receiver hitch with the spreader. Is this true? I guess I was under the impression that you inserted spreader into current receiver, filled it up and away you go. Any help would be helpful.

P.S.

I used to live in Fort Collins, Go CSU !!!:)

12. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

I too say GO CSU!!!!!!!!!! Class of 98.

As for the PF2. You do have to replace the hitch. You get a new one that has inserts on both sides that the unit frame slides into. Then you have to hook the unit to the frame. Here are some pictures. The new hitch is really nice though. You don't have to worry about sacraficing your current strength. The new hitch is very solid and rated a 10K#.

p1010049.jpg

13. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

This is the mount that the PF2 connects to. Its on its side. the curved parts go into the slots on the truck.

p1010048.jpg

14. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Here is one more of the truck mount.

p1010046.jpg

15. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Nice setup but where is the snow? The weather looks awfully nice to need all that fancy equipment.