1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEW PAINT! (no questions, just pictures!)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Holland, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Told a few guys on here I'd get some pictures of my plow posted on here, finally getting around to it. Finished about two weeks ago. Completely sandblasted, replaced rusted out section on bottom. New pump motor and power cables.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Before pictures.

Some before pictures of the plow. Same plow, just back when it was on my old suburban.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    O and a before picture of the truck when i first got it, just because i have room to post four pictures!
    [​IMG]

3. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

OUTSTANDING ! Very nice job!

4. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Nice job, looks great!

5. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

looks very nice. how much did the sandblasting run you if you dont mind me asking? I need to do something with my meyers plow before winter really comes and i keep debating on getting it done or not. My other option would be to sand down all the rustys spots(mostly in cracks and corners)and primer them, probablly a little POR 15 and then respray in yellow. Thats not Meyer yellow btw is it?

6. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I did my own sandblasting. Probably spent more on the sand than if i hired it done. If your gonna just touch it up get a wire brush for you angle grinder or something. unless you have a little sandblaster. if the rest of the paint is still good you dont really need to take it off. just scratch it down with some light sandpaper or a scotchbrite pad. never tried that por15 stuff. Otherwise just use a good quality paint. Friend of mine who owns a body shop got me the paint and shot it for me after i did all the prep on it. He brought down a fleet color card set and we picked out a color. i just matched it to the yellow on my pump. Single stage urethane paint. He tells me i should easily get five years out of it.

7. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

looks good, where did you get the new pump from?

8. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Thanks! And Just to clarify i only got the electric motor for the pump. I got it at a meyer parts dealer a town over. Cost just under a hundred. Ebay has cheaper ones but i had no experience with them and didnt want to chance having it go bad in the middle of a snowstorm.

9. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

sounds good.thanks for the advice I noticed lowes has a safety yellow rustoleum ( one of their higher grades of outdoor paint) for like $10.00 a gallon. i was going to give that a shot and spray it using my air compressor.

10. nightwalks

nightwalks Member

I orderd a COMPLETE Meyer decal kit with EVERY original decal off ebay for like $22.00, made my newly completed Meyer plow look like factory new.

11. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

You should've painted the motor!

12. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

yikes. They ship them to you for free you know

13. nightwalks

nightwalks Member

Who ships them for free?

14. Holland

Holland Senior Member

lets see some pics nightwalks!

15. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I wanted to offset the yellow a bit. Besides, i always have to be different!