1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Paint Job

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by snowservices, Jan 22, 2006.

1. snowservices

snowservices Junior Member

My Snow-way is 5 years old and in need of a fresh coat of paint. There are no distributors in my area. Any suggestions on paint ?

Thanks in advance.
  2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

snoways are clear or stainless arn't they?...but if with any other color (red, orange, yellow) go to a Tractor Supply store and pick up equipment/implement paint. They hold to the metal real well as long as you properly prepare the surface. I would also use an airgun, it makes the application a lot nicer looking close up.
  3. i painted my frame 2 summers ago. All I did was take off some of the spotty rust and used rustoleum primer and paint. Don't take off too much of the powder coat if you don't have to.
  4. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Plasticoat paint is the most durable paint i have ever used! I removed my steele blade skin, sandblasted it, primed it and painted it kubota orange! the persian orange skin on the black frame looks killer!!!!!!!!!!!