1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New owner

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 1st Bow, Dec 6, 2006.

1. 1st Bow

1st Bow Junior Member
    from nw ohio

I just bought my first snowplow truck and it came with a meyer c 7.5. I was wondering if I needed any parts on hand to protect against breakdowns. My nearest dealer is a heavy equipment company only open 5 days a week 35 miles away. Mark

2. 1st Bow

1st Bow Junior Member
    from nw ohio

So what your not saying is when you have a new meyer plow, just go plow? Nothing needed not even a quart of oil?

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's what I keep in my emergency plow parts box, 2qt of plow oil,one trip spring and the eye bolt for it,one motor solenoid,couple spare mounting pins,one pair of quick coupler's and an extra angle hose. That is usually enough to keep the plow up and running. I also carry a complete spare pump unit,sometime's if I have a problem with the pump I find it's quicker to just swap out the pump for the spare rather than wasting time fixing the one on the truck.I also carry a handheld propane torch for defrosting anything thats frozen.(including my finger's :D )

4. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

I picked up a used pump on ebay that was much better than the one that was on my truck when I bought it. Even though I only plow my own drivewey my luck would be something would go wrong with the pump during the biggest storm of the year. I think it's good to have a spare plus the parts B&B mentioned.

5. yzf1000_rider

yzf1000_rider Senior Member

dont forget gloves. i keep some latex gloves also because if you put them under your regular gloves they will keep your hands toasty warm.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

yzf,like I said, thats what the propane torch is for! :D We dont need no stinkin' gloves!

7. 1st Bow

1st Bow Junior Member
    from nw ohio

Hmmm, spare pump, spring, hose, fittings...maybe I should just buy a spare plow?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Spare truck w/ plow is even better. :D

9. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

LOL!!! That's funny. I have a Meyer w/ E60 and 7.5 steel plow....nothing but a money maker. Absolutely no problems other than normal maintenance and I did have an issue with my plowlights. But other than that, hopefully you'll have as much fortune as I have had.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006