1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Owner of Buisness

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by CSLC, Mar 17, 2010.

1. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I am a new owner of a snow plowing business. I have snow plowing for 7 years now but for some one else. I have the opportunity to take on a company. I am ready and willing to. I have an 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD.(Link to the truck pics http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=97224) I am looking at 2 blades. I am looking at the Fisher XLS or a Fisher XtremeV probably a 8 1/2 I dont know if the truck could handle an 9 1/2. I would like thoughts and opinions on both of these.....I know it's early to be thinking about these things. But I don't want to be scrambling around when the snow starts to fly....Thanks I appreciate it guys....

By the way I live in Central NY. We get on average 120 inches of snow a yr.
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

your truck can hadle both blades no problem. it all depends on the type of accounts you will be servicing but i think the xls will help you best. good luck
  3. snobgone

snobgone Senior Member
    from CT

The 8.5 xtreme is a good match for that truck but it depends on what type of work you plan on doing. Without modifications, the 9.5 would be a bit much for that truck imo.
  4. PremierPM

PremierPM Junior Member

I plowed with a '03 Chevy 2500HD in the past. It had a 9' 2" Boss V blade with wings, and a 16' Ebling backblade. I think it could handle a 9 1/2. Nice truck by the way, and good luck with the business.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I prefer a V.
  6. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Ok well I guess the next question is should I go with the fisher 8' 2" with wings or should I go with the Boss 8 ' 2" I do like the back drag edge on the fisher but it seems like there are less problems with the boss blades what do you all think?
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Dealer support and service is very important
  8. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Have had nothing but good times with the 8' 2" Boss V on my truck.

That would be my choice.
  9. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Depends on what your plowing....If its mostly diveways and some small commercial ..I would go with the V...If its large commercial,Industrial, HOA Roads..Places you have to carry alot of Snow..I would go with the XLS...The XLS has been a Very good plow for me..This is just my opinion...and i dont Know S#$T....:eek: