1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New oval lights vs rectangle lights

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by odd1or2even, Sep 25, 2010.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

I was wondering if the regular 13 pin style wiring will work with the new oval style head lights? Or do you need to upgrade to the 5 pack relay wiring system instead of the 4? If it does not work, can you go from the new wiring to the old wiring to operate the oval lights and then switch down to the rectangular head lights?

I'm asking because I want to pick up a few plows and drive them up on a flatbed trailer and I have an 8.2 V with the regular style head lights but I have located some oval style snow plow. Thanks for your time..

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

The harness won't be an issue.........the 5 relay pack just allows the "dual burn" so you can run high and low beams at the same time. I have both old and new style lights on my 2 plows and can run them both on the same truck.