1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New or used?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kbslawncare, Aug 8, 2012.

1. kbslawncare

kbslawncare Junior Member

I have been in lawn care for 6 yrs, and some of my accounts are asking if I thought about getting a plow. (They know that I'm reliable). my plug! Well I have been thinking for about the last couple years. But my question should, I go with a new or used plow? I can afford new, but I want to to buy more lawn equipment in the spring. I like new because I shouldn't
    have too many problems for a couple years, the dealer would be more apt-ed to do repairs. Used, Use less cash!, Am I getting some ones problems and I'll have to work on it myself or be at the mercy of a local dealer. What is everybody think! Any thoughts would be appreciated!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What type of truck first do you have? Slightly used plows are ok as long as the guy doesn't try and get new prices for it. Look now,much cheaper then come Sept.

3. kbslawncare

kbslawncare Junior Member

Sorry I should mentioned my baby, I mean my truck! It's a 2007 Dodge 2500 Heavy Duty 5.7 Hemi crew cab!

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well all good points. Some other points to cornsider,,,,dealer and parts availablity? How good of a wrench are you? X2 on used as long as the price is right

5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have plowed for 19 year now, and have never bought a brand new plow. I have bought new pushers, but never a new plow. I am mechanical enough to work on things if I need to, and I know an execellent welder. I figure it this way. If you buy a used plow, and install it yourself, you will have the knowledge to work on it as well. Good luck whichever way you go, and start praying for snow now, lol.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Goog point rc......the more you know the better if something happenes in the middle of the night you'll be able to fix it