1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new or used boss 8'2 vee?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by the new boss 92, Apr 20, 2009.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i have been looking at a new v for my truck, little concerned on buying a new one though. however i can buy a new one, i just don't want to be worried about the little bs new plows have, like o-ring crapping out in the middle of a storm and having a hydro leak and things like that. what would you guys recommend? what would new on run me and what kind of spring discounts are there out there?

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Preseason discounts should be available through your local distributor. We just got our preseason discount pricing today. There are some good used plows out there, you just got to look for them. But buying new eliminates alot of doubts.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Since it's a Boss you won't have the worries.

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

if its not an issue i would just go and buy new. then you dont have to worry about the install or loading it up to move it, just go pay and have it installed and not have to worry about looking for some flaws or bent parts the seller might be hiding.

5. the new boss 92

i currently own a boss so my truck already has all the wiring and undercarriage bolted so it makes it even easier! so you guys all say buy new. now do i have to buy the whole setup, with brackets, or do they sell just the plow minus the truck side stuff?

6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

you can get a blade only, at least the dealer i work with will sell blade only upgrades.

7. bosslover

bosslover Member

as long as its an rt3 mount it will work what do u have all ready

8. the new boss 92

7'6 rt3, just looking at my upgrades out there!