1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New or used Bobcat

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by DaySpring Services, Oct 9, 2007.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Im still kinda deciding on what direction I want to go with a Bobcat. I can get a new S250 with 2 speed, selectable joystick, highflow, enclosed cab with heat and a/c and power bobtach for $47,157 otd. or I can get a used 2005 S220 with the same equipment with 550 hours for $29,068. It's in pretty decent shaped, a little scratched up but over all nice. Im not sure what way I should go.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What's the difference in payments? Do you enough work for it all year?

3. DaySpring Services

Im going to be putting money down. The new 250 would be around $750/month and a used 220 I can get for about $480/month. My main use is going to be for my snow business. It's my 2nd full time job in the winter, but I make a good penny with my accounts. Summer use would mostly be word of mouth side jobs.

4. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

go with used. i got my mt 55 used from my local dealer with 350 hours on it. financed for 3 years. we use ours for landscape and hardscaping and for snow.. if your goin to use it just for snow a little side work then save the money. the dealer will go over the entire machine and change all fluids good luck

andrew

5. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

KEEP LOOKING that machine for 29K sounds pretty high bobcat has a network of dealers all across the country and they will ship ANYTHING ANYWHERE we've had 'em do it, the salesman will want to sell you whatever they have on the lot go to www.machinerytrader.com and look at AUCTION RESULTS, depending on machine that is how much they have in it and the same machine may even bee there just enter the serial#

6. DaySpring Services

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I bought a new JD 320 3 years ago and it's never been used for anything but snow. Looked at used but want to keep for along time, so IMO if you can afford the new one go for it. On the other hand something with 500 hrs on it is just broke in. Good luck, only you know your finances.

8. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I agree it is worth thinking about a new one if you want to have it for a while. When I went to buy my first skid I was looking at used and the dealer told me that I could have new for around the same price becasue of the finance offers. Either way thats alot of money to spend. I am not trying to start anything here but have you looked at any other brands. JMO,white paint costs more. I got my L175( i know it is smaller only 2,200cap.w/weights) 2 speed, hydro mt. plate,flashers for $27,500. Cab and heat was another 2k not sure how much a/c was. They offer pilot controls but I don't care for them so again I don't know how much. Either way bobcat or not I would shop around.There are better deals out there. Keep us posted ,Good luck!!!

9. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

about 1.5years ago i sold a 2004 CaT 246 2sp hydcoup cab heat and air every opt cat offered we only had about 250hrs on it, still had factory warranty and it sold for 28K mine didn't have a single scratch on it (litaraly) it was my personal machine nobody else ran it, so i dont know if it helps but again i think the s220 is a little hight but it's your choice i will have a 246b loaded for sale in about 3months and should have about 400-500hrs it'll be around the same price and it was new last year but it will be after season